Colorado Springs Optometrist
Blake Simmons, OD, FAAO
Simmons is our eye-disease, residency trained Colorado Springs Optometrist.
He obtained his doctor’s degree from Pacific University College of Optometry and completed his residency at Kansas City Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He also completed studies at the prestigious Bascom Eye Center in Miami.
Dr. Simmons has been designated a fellow by the American Academy of Optometry. He is board certified through the American Board of Optometry.
Dr. Simmons has been practicing in the Pikes Peak region since 2008. In the summer of 2014, Dr. Simmons purchased St Luke’s Eye Care and Laser Center which was re-named as Vision Institute.
Dr. Simmons and his lovely wife, Sharise, live in Colorado Springs with their four young children. He enjoys sports and is an avid volleyball player. He once lived in Peru and is fluent in Spanish.
Dr. Simmons provides comprehensive eye care and treatment in the areas of:
- Glaucoma – Dr. Simmons diagnoses and treats patients with glaucoma.
- Diabetic eye exams – Dr Simmons performs in depth diabetic eye exams and has years of experience treating patients with diabetic eye disease.
- Macular degeneration – Dr. Simmons treats patients who suffer with macular degeneration.
- Cataract post-operative care – Dr. Simmons often handles the followup care for our patients who have had cataract surgery.
- Primary care optometry – Dr. Simmons and Vision Institute can perform annual eye exams for the entire family.
- Contact lens exams – Dr. Simmons is an expert in helping you with your contact lenses. For the best vision wearing the perfect contact lens suited for your specific eyes, call and book an appointment with Dr. Blake Simmons in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Annual eye exams – standard eye exams, routine eye exams, and specialty medical eye exams can all be scheduled with Dr. Simmons.
Our bilingual, English-Spanish, speaking staff will be happy to assist you in booking an appointment with Dr. Simmons. We are certain you will find Dr. Simmons not only an expert in vision care, but also one of the friendliest eye doctors you will ever meet!